Monday 12 October 2009

Notoreity - 'write about me please Bea!'

I got this email the other day. It really tickled me :) .....

I read your book Bea - nice job! So like I said it was very interesting and entertaining and a pretty honest insight into someone's personal life of adventure. Nothing seemed sugar-coated except for the horrible time you had putting up with me.(Thanks for leaving that part out.) No actually if I knew you were writing the book I'd have paid you to mention me - as vanity has it - and it's nice to piggy-back on another's fame or notoriety. Anyway I gave my copy to my best friend but wouldn't reveal that I was a client. Heh-heh. (I told him to read it to see if I were mentioned.) So I'm awaiting his reaction to your story that I found so intriguing.'

How funny so this guy Frank (pseudonym btw :) actually was disappointed I hadn't written about him! Lol. There's me carefully changing names, places, visual descriptions to avoid others knowing who I was speaking about, and yet there's some that actually wanted me to write about them and would cherish the fact I had remembered our date and that it was special and/or memorable enough for me to write about it in a book about my life story! Lol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment