Monday 6 September 2010

If someone takes a job serving fast food just because they need the money, is it different to someone doing sex work just because they need the money?

In my opinion - no. Having worked in the sex industry and being someone who thinks there is nothing morally wrong with it, I'm sure I've answered as you would have expected me to answer - other people however are not as open minded as me :)

However saying that what you have to remember is that the two jobs are not comparable. In one you are selling food, in sex work you are selling yourself. Sex work is fraught with potential danger, and a risk of loss of self respect and a whole host of things that can cause ir-repairable damage to a person both physically and mentally.

There's also the fact that you'll never get addicted to the money working in a fast food joint, but you can get very easily addicted to the money you can earn in the sex industry.

Ask me anything

No comments:

Post a Comment