Tuesday 5 January 2010

Met one of my heros at the airport!

When I arrived back in Heathrow after a long 26 hours of travelling my taxi driver found me and out of the corner of my eye I saw Richard Branson. Now I've seen him and various other celebrities I admire before but I've never had the balls to say anything to them for fear of getting brushed off or ignored, but this time I thought if I don't, I'll regret it.

Richards autobiography is one of the ones I read just before I started writing. I even mentioned him in my acknowledgements. He made me realise that that cheesy cliche that 'you can do anything you put your mind to' is really true. If you want something bad enough you can get it. I love the way he built his empire and I have a lot of respect for him as a business man. People I know who have met him have said he was friendly so I was pretty sure he'd have a little time for me.

So I approached him and said that I enjoyed his book and that he's inspired me and that he had a mention, and my autobiography had been published in June. He thanked me, asked me my name, pecked me on the cheek and shook my hand and asked me to send him a copy of my book! I was so excited! So I shall. Maybe Virgin will print my next? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment