Tuesday 5 January 2010

Santa found me in Thailand!

My friend and I had an amazing time in Thailand. The weather was hot hot, the people were amazing and so friendly. The sunsets were picturesque, and the beaches beautiful. The massages were so cheap (between £5 and £10) that I had about 3. The best one being in a little place on the beach as the sun was going down. Thailand is now one of my fave places and I definitely want to go back very soon. I haven't had a 2 week holiday since I travelled to NZ in 2004, and it was great to be able to properly unwind and relax. No phone no internet, just total relaxation.

We spent Christmas day on the beach drinking cocktails as the sun went down before going back to our hotel for a Christmas dinner, cooked and arranged by the hotel manager who was an English guy. We had turkey with all the trimmings, even pigs in blankets. But also bwocolli and yorkshine puddings :))))) This was topped off with traditional Thai dancing, and fire entertainment. We danced and partied all through the night.

Something funny happened on Christmas eve.... my friend and I were joking with Bruce Lee (as he liked to be called) about whether Santa would find us in Thailand. He said we'd have to keep our doors open for him to get in, and we all had a laugh about it.

Later on we had forgotten about this little convo, and as I collapsed in bed after a rather heavy night out I fell into a deep sleep. Only to be woken a couple of hours later with a gentle nudge. I jumped up in fright and saw Bruce in a Santa hat sitting at the side of my bed holding as little tree decoration 'present'. Now as people that know me will know I am not the best person to wake up in the night! Lol.

"What are you doing? what do you want?" I asked repeatedly, frustratedly, half asleep. Poor Bruce I wish I could have seen his face. I'm surprised I didn't scare him off with my eye mask and ear phones I must have looked like some sort of weird alien!

In the morning I wondered if it had all been a dream it was very vague, but as I looked at the side of my bed I found the santa hat and present on the floor where he had scarpered after my tirade of questions about what on earth he was doing. He must have just dropped everything and ran out!

It was very weird and freaky, however I am sure he didn't mean any harm. He too was drunk and he probably thought it was a funny thing to do at the time.

The next day he couldn't look me in the eye, but eventually he called me over and I told him he had scared me and shook my finger at him (his english wasn't very good) to try to say it wasn't a good thing to do. He understood and thankfully it was all forgotten about.

Poor Bruce being only about 4' tall was more like Santa's little helper than Santa himself. Bless :)

I tell ya what though I never forgot to lock my door again after that no matter how much I'd had to drink! Lol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment