Wednesday 30 September 2009

Oh no bust lip!!!!

I had quite a traumatic weekend with me ending up with a bust lip (no I was not fighting btw - I'm a lover not a fighter :). I was at a friends 30th birthday party Friday night. They're quite a crazy, rowdy bunch but such good fun. It seems my role towards the end of the night was nurse Beki. After a raucous, delicious pie and pea supper at a local country pub, the party moved to my friends boyfriends house. By this time we were all pretty merry. One girl Anna ended up falling backwards over a sofa and busting her hand. She insisted it would be fine, but it definitely needed at least ice - but in hindsight - the hospital! She kept taking the ice off and I spent ages following her around nagging at her to keep it on. No one was booking taxis, which would have prompted me to do so, so I didn't think to book one. What I was forgetting was that they all lived in the small country village we were in. Doh! I could have kipped over somewhere but I don't do spur of the moment staying over, I like to be prepared with my wash stuff, and ear plugs :))) I was forgetting I wasn't in the city and that I was out in the country where taxi's stop running after about 2/3.

As most were still partying I found myself on a mission back to Anna's house (the gal with the bust hand) and following us were a couple that we both knew - Kate and Alex. Kate was extremely drunk zig zagging, so I walk to the small town was taking forever as we were going twice the distance! I was ahead with Anna when I almost saw Kate almost collapse to the floor. Alex had made a toilet stop and she carried on trying to walk. I rushed to her side and propped her up. She had the wall on one side and me on the other as we made small baby steps on our mission.

Suddenly her legs buckled and I thought she had passed out, because her hands didn't move and she was heading head first into the pavement. I grabbed the side of her head with one hand as she fell, but she was going to bang the other side of her head, so I put both my hands around her head to protect it. Handless I landed on top of her and smashed my face into the concrete. She completely oblivious wondered why on earth I was crying and got quite shirty with me when she finally got to her feet. And that's the thanks I got! Lol.

The mission continued, and we'd been walking an hour - me in my wedges! Just as we arrived to the town after an hour off Anna telling me her house was 5 minutes away, I managed to flag down a taxi that had dropped off and come from a larger town so I made my way back to my mum's with my broken lip!

Feeling sorry for myself I went to bed then was rudely awoken by chickens after 3 hours. In a bad mood I jumped in my car came back to Nottingham and spent the day in bed recovering!

Even though I looked hideous and tired, on my way back I got checked out and ogled by at least 3 guys passing in cars. With my bust, bruised lip I must have looked like I'd had injections to make my lips pouty, but I guess from the side they just looked like luscious plump full lips! :)))

And the moral of the story is.... the 5 P's planning, preparation, prevents piss poor performance! :)))) I shoulda booked my taxi when I left the pub!

Ooooo I almost forgot the piece de resistance, the icing well and truly on top of the cake - I stopped at the drive through Maccy'D's for a sausage and egg Mc Muff I kinda felt I deserved it, and I got home crawled into bed with my muff, and it had no sausage!!!!! arrrghhhhhhhh, so I had an egg and cheese muffin instead. I was not a happy bunny I tell thee!

I'm hoping my broken lip is mended for my first live public appearance at the free Nottingham Festival on Saturday :-/

I guess I should consider myself lucky because Anna has broken two bones in her hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment