Tuesday 15 September 2009

The Other Side ITV show

Yesterday I went to Birmingham for the
second part of my filming. It went very well I think. Although as it was a debate, I think I was far too polite, waiting for people to finish before speaking, so I didn't say as much as I'd have liked! Lol :))) John Stapleton hosted the debate and present were 2 open minded priests :) Carole Malone journo for NOTW (grrrr), Linda Popadopolis psychologist regularly featured on This Morning, and Diane Abbott labour MP, fighting for the legalisation of prostitution.


The debate was about lust and prostitution and integrated in the debate will be my short film with Tracey Cox and a short film with a street prostitute. I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge and I thought everyone was really friendly and made me feel very welcome. I just need a bit more debating practice then I'll be away and I'm sure I'll be a force to be reckoned with! :)))


In the debate we discuss the dangers of women through prostitution, whether it right or wrong to lust after someone when you are in a relationship or married and infidelity. Watch out for the programme it's on late - the early hours of Monday morning :-/




3 comments:

  1. Good for you :-)

    I'll try and make sure I watch it, think I will have to check sky and see if I can get the 'London' ITV1.

    I'm so glad you're managing to remain positive about presenting your experiences and not allowing those who would prefer you to remain silent to win out :-)

    B happy and keep smiling :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comments Anonamous guy. I hope you can watch it and I hope you enjoy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doh!!!
    What an idiot I am, Monday morning is really late Sunday, not late Monday night. Thank goodness for ITV Player......
    Well done you - not an easy thing to do to go head to head with people who have a lot more experience with the media.
    Surprised how sensible the two religious chaps were. There was no way the NOTW journo or Social Scientist were going to change their views.

    Kudos for not ducking the difficult questions, or just giving the easy answer. As with your book, the thing that came across was your honesty and that this whole issue is complex and not the clear black and white simplistic arguments that are often presented.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete